We believe that a key element of a good experience for resident’s in a residential setting, is a robust and varied Activities program.
Our activities program includes:
- During weekday afternoons, residents join in for games which include skittles, puzzles and quoits, along with music.
- For Mothering Sunday, our residents and staff had a buffet in the evening followed by a game of Pass the Parcel. The prize for the winner was a Sweet Pea plant set.
- We also had fun celebrating St. Patrick’s Day and organised an afternoon party which included Irish games, music and fruit cake homemade by our cook, using an Irish tradition of baking with hot water. All staff got involved and dressed up in Leprechaun hats and flag capes. The majority of residents wore something green as well as wearing Irish bowler hats. Everyone had a great time!!
- On Wednesday 31st March, we organised a Memory Walk to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society. Staff and willing residents walked around the surrounding area keeping within our bubble, for a minimum of 1.5 miles.
- For Easter, we organised a treasure hunt using clue cards around the home. The treasure hunt was completed over the Easter period in small teams. The clue cards were designed by the residents and our Activities Co-ordinator added the clues.
- Each resident was bought their own Easter Egg from Hart Care. For those who participated in the treasure hunt, they played to find their own egg.
Our activities program will go from strength to strength going forwards, and will become more varied, but also more tailored to the choices of our individual residents.
Please find below some pictures of our recent activities, walks, games and other fun events.