Progress Update May 2021
This is the fourth update evidencing the improvements we’ve made since September 2020. These will continue until CQC re-inspect, which we expect will be in June 2021.
We’re completely focused on being a great care home, where our residents receive excellent support and care.
- All restrictions put in place last year by Devon County Council have been lifted, and we are admitting residents again.
- Martin Anstis who started with us on 1st February 2021 as Deputy Manager and has now taken over as Registered Manager. Martin is a Registered Nurse and has been a Home Manager for several years.
- Martin has appointed an Interim Deputy Manager. This is Ioannis Tsoupakis who was previously working at Hart Care as a Team Leader. Prior to Hart Care, Ioannis worked as a Carer and Senior Carer. He has completed his NVQ Level 3 and is currently completing a BSc in psychology and counselling. Ioannis will be the Acting Deputy for the next few months.
- The Devon QAIT (Quality Improvement Assurance Team) are happy with progress we have made with our systems, and how these make quality assurance and auditing more effective. The NHS Infection Control Team also visited and didn’t note any issues of concern.
- Training for our staff continues. In May we had training for dementia, end of life care and emergency first aid at work.
- We have now commenced visits within the Home. These visits are taking place following government guidelines.
- We hope to be able to arrange a relative’s meeting in person in August. This will be dependent on government guidelines. If by August, there aren’t any restrictions to visiting, we will consider arranging a Summer Fete.
- We have had a busy period of activities in the last few weeks, which includes Easter bingo, an Easter egg hunt, cake decorating and walks in the garden. During May, live music returned. This is now booked for every other Tuesday, in addition to all of our standard activities such as skittles, card making, etc.
- Lauren (Activities Co-ordinator) has spent time on a 1:1 basis with each resident and has now completed a life history and tailored activity care plans for each resident. These are based on individual need and presentation.
- Lauren will be holding a coffee morning on the first Wednesday of each month. During these coffee mornings, we will also have a residents meeting to enable residents to put forward any suggestions, complaints, ideas for activities or other requests.
As per our previous update in March 2021, please remember that this list of changes is only a snapshot of the work we are doing. If anyone reading these updates would like to know more, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
« View All news